From Exploration to closure
SRC provides a wide range of services throughout the mining cycle to the mining and minerals industry and other industrial sectors. We leverage our traditional research roots to provide technological services that meet real-world industry needs, from testing to modelling, diagnostics to optimization and monitoring to remediation.
We've worked with the mining industry across Canada and worldwide for over 70 years.
We offer advanced analytical testing, mineral processing, reliability engineering and digital mining solutions, as well as tailings management and remediation, for:
Services and Solutions Across the Mining Cycle
- Mineral deportment and beneficiation analysis
- Minerals processing testwork and piloting
- Third-party verification of process technologies
- Slurry transport modelling, design and testing
- Tailings and clay management strategies
- Energy assessments, including renewables, biofuels and battery storage
- Acid mine drainage risk-based mitigation strategies
- Technoeconomic evaluation of REE technologies; mineralogy, process, equipment
- Product manufacture and tolling services to produce either marketing samples or production
- Process design optimization and troubleshooting of REE hydrometallurgical and separation plants
- Plant performance diagnostics and optimization
- Digital mining (instrumentation and automation) and prototype development
- Reliability engineering (wear and fatigue)
- Integrated Database Management Service
- Tailings and clay management optimization and troubleshooting
- Decentralized energy solutions, including the Hybrid Energy Container
- Progressive remediation solutions and environmental risk management
- Closure and community engagement plans
- Slurry pipeline troubleshooting and testing
- New equipment and technology testing
Laboratories and Pilot Facilities
SRC’s Mining and Energy Division, along with its Environment and Biotech Division, have several world-class laboratories and pilot facilities, including:
Watch our four-part, on-demand Potash Webinar Series and Diamond Webinar Series with CIM Magazine to learn more about novel technologies, processes, equipment and insights that can help mine operations achieve greater efficiencies.
stay in the loop
Sign up to receive news and updates about SRC's Mining and Energy services.