SRC Environmental Analytical Laboratories performs a wide range of groundwater and surface water quality tests for municipal, commercial and residential needs.
residential water testing
- Lead and other contaminants in water
- Well water potability
- Irrigation and greenhouse applications
Water Analytical Packages and Parameters
- Well Water Potability Package: water is tested for nitrates and total coliform bacteria
- Shock Chlorination Information for wells
- Water Quality Package: a complete mineral analysis, along with nitrates, iron and manganese
- General Chemical Package: a complete mineral analysis, along with nitrates and fluoride
- Chemical Health and Toxicity Package: includes heavy metals regulated under the Saskatchewan Municipal Drinking Water Guidelines
- Livestock Watering Package: includes tests for salinity (total dissolved solids) and sulphate
- Bacteriological Testing
- Radiological Parameters in Drinking Water
- Trihalomethane and Haloacetic Acid Testing
- Herbicides and pesticides
- Wastewater, sewage lagoons and process water testing
Municipalities are required to test their drinking water quality, according to the schedule outlined in their water treatment plant operating permit. The requirements include coliform bacteria and general chemical, as well as chemical health and toxicity. Water test results are sent electronically to the Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment. View our Municipal Service Guide for a detailed list of the tests and services we offer.
Our Permit to Operate (PTO) Program is an easy way to stay compliant with your Water Security Agency permit. Learn more.
Contact the lab to arrange your water quality analysis and testing. We’ll provide you with water sampling instructions and other supplies at no charge.