SRC’s Pipe Flow Technology Centre™ is acknowledged as an international leader in its field. Our employees offer an unparalleled degree of experience in assisting industry with practical pipeline applications.
November 28 - Webinar: An Introduction to Mixing in the Mineral Processing Industry
SRC and CIM Magazine have teamed up to offer a webinar on what fluid mixing is, what it means to be “well mixed,” single-phase vs. multi-phase mixing, typical mixing equipment and some examples of mixing objectives found in the mining and minerals processing industries.
Sign up to receive updates about courses, news and services from SRC.
Slurry Pipeline Systems Course
Dates for our next course are coming soon, but please email us to join the waitlist for future courses or subscribe to our newsletter.
Webinar: Density Measurement for Slurry Pipeline Flows
SRC and CIM Magazine teamed up to offer a webinar on slurries and the appropriate methods and technologies involved with measuring slurry density for different types. In this webinar, you'll learn about the advantages, disadvantages and challenges associated with each technology.
- Slurry Applications
- Slurry pipeline flow testing and modelling
- Pump and instrumentation testing
- Pipeline erosion testing
- Pipeline operations troubleshooting and consulting
- Slurry sample analysis and viscometry
- Slurry process piloting and demonstration
- Oil-Water Pipeline Testing
- The Shook-Gillies HPHT Test Facility
- Tailings consolidation and deposition
The Pipe Flow Technology Centre™ is fully equipped to enable full-scale physical modelling of the complex pipe flow behaviour of slurries and crude oil mixtures. Actual pipe flow conditions are obtained in a laboratory environment where temperature, flowrate and mixture composition can be controlled, and instrument performance can be optimized.
Working with Industry
SRC's RD&D in pipe flow technology helps resource industries expand the horizons of how and where they operate. We conduct commercial-scale studies of clients' concepts for safe, cost-effective:
- Waste disposal of mineral and oil resources
Our clients, large and small, understand how the power of pipe flow technology can transform the way they do business. Since 1967, we have collaborated with Canada's resource industries on a range of ground-breaking pipeline and fluid mechanics applications. A few examples are:
- Hydrotransport of oil sand slurries to enable remote mining
- Horizontal well recovery and production of heavy oil
- Paste backfill disposal of industrial tailings
Pipe Flow’s services continue to grow in new directions. Recent areas of development at the facility include:
- High-temperature processes
- Pipeline integrity systems testing
- Industrial waste water treatment
How can SRC’s Pipe Flow Technology Centre™ help your business? Contact us today.