SRC engages with northern communities to facilitate meaningful participation in determining the best options for remediation. Discussions include community meetings and consultations with Indigenous communities and leadership.
Meeting Notes, Videos and Presentations
- Summer 2023 - Watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2023 work season in English or Dene.
- January 2023 - Community Meetings
- Summer 2022 - Watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2022 work season in English or Dene.
- Spring 2021 - Watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2021 work season in Dene and English.
- January 2020 - Community Meetings; watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2020 work season in English or Dene.
- January 2019 - Community Meetings
- September 2018 - Gunnar Other Site Aspects Workshop (Saskatoon)
- January 29 - February 1, 2018 - Community Meetings
- Watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2017 work season in English and Dene
- January 31 - February 3, 2017 - Community Meetings
- August 23, 2016 - Gunnar Other Sites Aspects Workshop (Saskatoon)
- August 2016 - Leadership Tour of the Gunnar Mine and Mill Site (VIDEO)
- April 2016 - Gunnar Other Site Aspects Workshop (Saskatoon)
- Revegetation Elder Workshops: Black Lake/Hatchet Lake and Fond du Lac
- December 1-4, 2015
- July 28, 2015
- June 3-5, 2015
- March 10-13, 2015
- Lorado Mill Site Update: Listen to the presentation in English or Dene
- January 2013: Read the meetings record or listen to the Dene audio translation.
SRC recognizes that engaging local communities is vital to successful remediation projects. We maintain working relationships with local residents and leadership, as well as regularly provide information regarding remediation activity.
Since 2007, SRC has been holding regular community meetings to provide updates on Project CLEANS and receive feedback from northern residents. Key topics addressed through community meetings include human and environmental health, rehabilitation options and potential site end-uses.