SRC engages with northern communities to facilitate meaningful participation in determining the best options for remediation. Discussions include community meetings and consultations with Aboriginal communities and leadership.
Watch the September 2018 Project CLEANS update on YouTube. Click here.
Meeting Notes, Videos and Presentations
- 2018 community meeting notes - Coming Soon
- Watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2017 work season in English and Dene
- January 31 - February 3, 2017 - Community Meetings
- August 23, 2016 - Gunnar Other Sites Aspects Workshop (Saskatoon)
- August 2016 - Leadership Tour of the Gunnar Mine and Mill Site (VIDEO)
- April 2016 - Gunnar Other Site Aspects Workshop (Saskatoon)
- Revegetation Elder Workshops: Black Lake/Hatchet Lake and Fond du Lac
- December 1-4, 2015
- July 28, 2015
- June 3-5, 2015
- March 10-13, 2015
- Lorado Mill Site Update: Listen to the presentation in English or Dene
- January 2013: Read the meetings record or listen to the Dene audio translation.
SRC recognizes that engaging local communities is vital to successful remediation projects. An important part of this engagement occurs though the Project CLEANS’ Community and Aboriginal Liaison who maintains working relationships with local residents and their leadership, as well as provides information regarding remediation activity.
Since 2007, SRC has been holding regular community meetings to provide updates on Project CLEANS and receive feedback from northern residents. Key topics addressed through community meetings include human and environmental health, rehabilitation options and potential site end-uses.