SRC engages with northern communities to facilitate meaningful participation in determining the best options for remediation. Discussions include community meetings and consultations with Aboriginal communities and leadership.
The Project CLEANS e-newsletter is a great way to keep up to date with the project.
Extended to October 31, 2021! Lorado Photo Contest
SRC's Project CLEANS team is gathering photos of the Former Lorado Mill Site to document ecosystem recovery following remediation completion. We'd like your help! Email up to 5 of your best photos of the Lorado Mill Site for your chance to win one of three $100 Visa gift cards and SRC branded gear. Visit www.src.sk.ca/loradocontest for full contest details and rules. Open to Athabasca Basin residents only.
Summer 2021 Newsletter
The summer issue of the Project CLEANS newsletter is now available. Learn about remediation activities that took place in the 2020 and what is happening at the sites in the 2021 work season. Download it now.
Project CLEANS Update Video
SRC's Project CLEANS team was unable to visit communities in January 2021 to hold meetings because of COVID restrictions, so the team compiled their updates into a video. Learn more about the work that was done in 2020 at the Gunnar Mine Site, Lorado Mill Site and the Satellite Sites and hear what’s in store for our 2021 work season and beyond. Watch in Dene and English.
Meeting Notes, Videos and Presentations
- Spring 2021 - Watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2021 work season in Dene and English.
- January 2020 - Community Meetings; watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2020 work season in English or Dene.
- January 2019 - Community Meetings
- September 2018 - Gunnar Other Site Aspects Workshop (Saskatoon)
- January 29 - February 1, 2018 - Community Meetings
- Watch the Project CLEANS update for the 2017 work season in English and Dene
- January 31 - February 3, 2017 - Community Meetings
- August 23, 2016 - Gunnar Other Sites Aspects Workshop (Saskatoon)
- August 2016 - Leadership Tour of the Gunnar Mine and Mill Site (VIDEO)
- April 2016 - Gunnar Other Site Aspects Workshop (Saskatoon)
- Revegetation Elder Workshops: Black Lake/Hatchet Lake and Fond du Lac
- December 1-4, 2015
- July 28, 2015
- June 3-5, 2015
- March 10-13, 2015
- Lorado Mill Site Update: Listen to the presentation in English or Dene
- January 2013: Read the meetings record or listen to the Dene audio translation.
SRC recognizes that engaging local communities is vital to successful remediation projects. An important part of this engagement occurs though the Project CLEANS’ Community and Aboriginal Liaison who maintains working relationships with local residents and their leadership, as well as provides information regarding remediation activity.
Since 2007, SRC has been holding regular community meetings to provide updates on Project CLEANS and receive feedback from northern residents. Key topics addressed through community meetings include human and environmental health, rehabilitation options and potential site end-uses.