SRC’s Pipe Flow Technology CentreTM works with industry to trial tailings management solutions. Our experts use a variety of equipment at lab and pilot-scale (including tanks, pumps, deposition columns and a 15 m long x 0.75 m wide x 1.6 m high open channel flume, equipped with instrumentation to detect pore pressure and density variations in test materials) for tailings management technology tests.
Additional equipment includes a pilot-scale thickener, mini-thickeners and a smaller 8 m long x 0.25 m wide x 0.5 m high adjustable angle flume apparatus.
SRC’s tailings work includes:
- Pipeline transport in both turbulent and laminar flow
- In-line flocculation methods
- Thickener, hydrocyclone piloting
- Consolidation and deposition
- Open channel flow
- Fines capture
- Instrumentation piloting, testing and verification
Contact us to learn more about this facility.