Unlock the Power of Innovative Energy Solutions
Since 1979, SRC has been instrumental in transforming some of the world’s most challenging oil and gas opportunities into some of its most valuable reserves. We are now a full generation into our mission to support and sustain our clients with world-class oil and gas technologies, services and solutions.
SRC is pleased to expedite the Accelerated Site Closure Program. Learn more.
We offer state-of-the-art research, development and demonstration (RD&D) laboratories and engineering facilities in Regina, Saskatchewan. Our teams of engineers, scientists and technologists have expertise and experience in a variety of resources in the vast Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB), including bitumen, light to heavy oil, and shale oil and gas.
We put our extensive know-how to work tackling the needs of national and multinational clients. We provide our clients with practical and inventive solutions, from rapid oil and gas evaluation and services to multi-year research and feasibility studies.
Sign up to receive news and updates from SRC Energy
Our Strengths in Research and Innovation
- We’re advancing enhanced oil recovery (EOR) for the varied resource types present in the WCSB: heavy oil and oilsands bitumen, medium/light oil, tight Bakken-like reservoirs, heavy oil carbonates and shale oil.
- Our core areas of EOR expertise lie in thermal EOR, post-cold-production EOR, chemical waterflooding, miscible/immiscible gas (CO2) injection, microbial EOR, in-situ combustion, and original hybrid EOR systems such as solvent/ thermal and chemical/CO2.
- We study improved methods to handle produced fluids, with expertise in areas such as surface facility energy efficiency and integration, water cleanup and water compatibility, and complex multi-phase pipe flow technology.
- Our dedicated, state-of-the-art equipped laboratories include full-service analytical suites, as well as some custom-designed and –built models and instruments that are ahead of the curve. For example, we use our hybrid high-temperature solvent vapour extraction scaled physical model to study complex steam-assisted gravity drainage and thermal solvent vapour extraction techniques.
- Our industrial computed tomography (CT) scanner is one of the first in Canada and is designed for petroleum research and development, as well as geomaterials characterization. We can provide accurate quantitative data around flow patterns, porosity and saturation without altering the fluids or rocks. Our scanner provides fine 3-D resolution and is adaptable to many types of experimental techniques.
- Our Petroleum Analytical Laboratories offer a variety of petroleum analysis for crude oil and oilfield-produced water, as well as analyses for natural gas, pipeline fluids and testing for ethanol and biodiesel.
Our Strengths in Numerical Modelling
Our researchers have detailed knowledge/ experience in numerical modelling and simulation of EOR processes, using commercial software suites or custom-built solutions. Our team customizes existing modelling platforms, developing new methodologies for effective simulation of complex systems, including SAGD, SAGD hybrids, in-situ combustion and complex CO2 chemical flooding.
Our Strengths in Prototyping and Piloting
We can take new and existing EOR techniques from concept to field deployment through feasibility studies using small and large-scale physical models and numerical simulation. We employ our design and engineering expertise to develop, build and operate complex pilots and prototypes of new technological solutions.
Environmental Analysis and Testing
SRC Environmental Analytical Laboratories provides a wide range of environmental analyses and packages for the oil and gas industry, including lab services for remediation, air quality, operational services and waste disposal services. Learn more.