SRC Geoanalytical Laboratories Diamond Services has provided the international diamond industry with dependable kimberlite exploration services for over 25 years, including:
- Micro diamond extraction by caustic fusion
- Recovery and secure sorting of macro diamonds at our kimberlite mini-bulk sample plant
- Kimberlite indicator mineral (KIMs) processing and observation
Building on our core expertise, the lab is continually improving services and expanding its capacity. We offer an extensive range of services that are unique to the Canadian market, which provides convenient processing for diamond companies. Our lab is the only place in Canada that characterizes diamonds for recovery attributes, such as:
- Luminescence intensity or decay time responses to X-ray irradiation
- Magnetic susceptibility (responses) when subjected to magnetic separation
- Hydrophobicity when subjected to grease recovery
- Laser Raman when assessing automated final sorting
SRC Geoanalytical Laboratories is accredited to the ISO/IEC 17025 standard by the Standards Council of Canada as a testing laboratory for specific tests.
All diamond work is carried out in a high-security facility monitored by 24-hour video surveillance and security personnel. Access to this facility is limited and controlled, and prior arrangements are required for any viewings.
All shipping and receiving is tracked through a chain of custody process to ensure accountability throughout. All necessary permits and export applications, including Kimberly Process Certificates (KPC), can be produced by SRC.