SRC Environmental Analytical Laboratories has provided analytical testing services to the cannabis industry since 2009. As the cannabis and medical marijuana industry has grown, we’ve seen clients’ needs change and have incorporated the latest methods and technologies to meet demand.
Our scientists and experts will work with you to get the highest quality results and answer any questions you have about our services.
Cannabis Testing Services You Can Rely On
Our lab completes routine testing for heavy metals in cannabis plant material and cannabis oil through our regular testing process.
We offer clients a wide range of services using state-of-the-art technology. Our lab has the analytical capacity to test for:
- Potency (cannabinoids)
- Microbial Testing (SRC Biotechnology Laboratories)
- Other components and contaminants on a wide variety of hemp and cannabis products
DNA TESTING SERVICES
DNA testing technologies deliver rapid, cost-effective and consistent solutions to help cannabis companies maximize competitiveness. SRC Biotechnology Laboratories is equipped to provide DNA-based tests that enable plant gender identification, varietal test development and strain traceability.
SRC Biotechnology Laboratories employs genomic technology to enhance quality assurance in the cannabis industry. DNA-based testing and high-resolution biochemical profiling can be used to detect the presence of disease or contaminants.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.
SRC Environmental Analytical Laboratories has extensive quality assurance and quality control procedures that are part of our accreditation to the ISO/IEC 17025 standard. We’re accredited by the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA) for a wide variety of testing procedures.
A complete scope of our accredited tests is listed on the accreditation directory on the CALA website.
Facilities and Equipment
- Over 65 trained and qualified staff ensure your samples are analyzed quickly, efficiently and accurately
- Liquid chromatography/triple quad mass spectrometry instrumentation (used by Health Canada to develop its method of analyzing pesticides in medical cannabis)
- Several Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) instruments for quantifying ultra-low levels of contaminants, such as heavy metals for high capacity throughput
- Gas chromatography
- Ion Cyclotron Resonance (ICR) mass spectrometer provides uniquely specialized capabilities in identifying and determining a broad range of contaminants within a sample
- The adjacent NRC/SRC Fermentation Facility offers the opportunity to increase target cannabinoid concentrations via microbial production and subsequent purification.