At SRC, attracting and retaining young talent is serious business. We are proud to be named among Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for the fourth year in a row in 2020!
This puts SRC among a list of employers from across Canada who offer the best workplaces and programs to help kick-start young people’s careers. The selection process for Canada’s Top Employers for Young People judges organizations based on their benefits, mentorship and training programs, career management programs and average age of employees.
This award reflects SRC’s efforts to attract and retain young talent through meaningful work opportunities, programming and attractive benefits, some of which include:
- Ample vacation and flex time, as well as sick and compassionate leave
- Excellent health and travel insurance coverage
- Tuition subsidies
- Career-building mentorships (Aboriginal Mentorship Program, Engineer-In-Training, Geologist-In-Training)
- Maternity and adoption leave top-up plan and flexibility with parental leave
- Flexible retirement and savings programs
At SRC, we value a diverse workforce and provide meaningful work opportunities that help make a difference through positive environmental and social impacts. With approximately 20 per cent of our employees being under the age of 30, young employees have been crucial to remaining flexible and meeting the demands of an ever-changing workplace.
Visit Top 100 to see the full list of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People and their reasons for selection.