The Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC) is being recognized as one of this year’s Best Workplaces in Canada.
“Saskatchewan continues to thrive both nationally and internationally,” Minister Responsible for Innovation Jeremy Harrison said. “With this prestigious recognition, SRC reinforces its position as one of Canada’s leading providers of research, development, demonstration and technology commercialization.”
SRC’s number one goal is to support economic growth in the province by providing applied research and development services for industry and key stakeholders. In order to effectively deliver this, SRC knows that it is important to foster a culture where innovation can thrive.
As such, SRC emphasizes key attributes including:
- Safety is an overriding priority and safety training opportunities begin on an employee’s first day of work. It doesn’t matter if an employee is onsite at SRC, offsite at a client’s office or field site, or even at home, SRC wants its employees to keep safety top of mind.
- SRC values the diversity of its employees and recognizes that a diverse workforce creates the kind of work environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
- Quality is not only one of SRC’s core values, but a cornerstone of the work it delivers for clients. Employees can take pride in delivering smart science solutions that grow and strengthen the economy.
“We’re extremely proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s best workplaces,” SRC President and CEO Dr. Laurier Schramm said. “We are committed to being a safe, diverse and respectful work environment, and we’re fortunate to have employees who share these same values.”
This list of “Best Workplaces in Canada” list is compiled by the Great Place to Work ® Institute Canada. The competition process is based on two criteria: two-thirds of the total score comes from a 58-statement survey completed by a random selection of employees, along with their open-ended comments about their organization; the remaining one-third of the score comes from an in-depth review of the organization’s culture, including an evaluation of HR policies and procedures. This year’s list received over 400 nominations and over 60,000 employees participated in the 2017 “Best Workplaces in Canada” survey.
Other recognition that SRC has received in the past year includes:
- 2017 Canada’s Top 100 Employers list
- 50 Best Workplaces in Canada for Women list for 2017 by Great Place to Work ®
- 2017 World at Work Seal of Distinction
- The Corporate Knights Future 40 Responsible Corporate Leaders 2017 list
- 2017 Saskatchewan’s Top Employers list
- 2017 Canada’s Top Employers for Young People list
- Canada’s Outstanding Employer Award from The Learning Partnership
- Mission:Zero Award in the large employer category
- Great Place to Work ® certification
- ISO 9001:2008 certification
For more information, contact:
Saskatchewan Research Council