Accelerated Site Closure Program
SRC is pleased to help expedite the Accelerated Site Closure Program, which is managed the Ministry of Energy and Resources. Read the news release.
The ASCP is a $400 million stimulus program for Saskatchewan-based oil and gas service sector companies and workers and is funded through the federal government's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
As of October 31, 2022, the program has paid out $338 million to over 850 Saskatchewan-based service companies, supporting an estimated 1,556 direct full-time equivalent jobs. The ASCP has seen the completion of 7,409 well abandonments, 3,422 flowline abandonments, 61 facility decommissions and more than 11,900 site remediation and reclamation activities. The program is set to end on March 15, 2023.
Details about the program can be found on the Government of Saskatchewan website.
If you would like more information, please phone 306-933-5400 and leave a message or email us.
- Accelerated Site Closure Program a Huge Success - Read
- Federally funded program set to wrap up in coming weeks - Read (Discover Weyburn)
- Accelerated Site Closure Program Sees Success for First Nations and Métis Contractors - Read
- $55 Million Allocated in Third and Final Phase of Inactive Well Program - Read
- Inactive Well Program Sees Strong Indigenous Participation - Read
- First Year of Inactive Well Program Strong Success - Read
- $34 Million Approved To Support The Oil And Gas Service Sector - Read
- $12 Million Of Work Approved In First Tranche Of Well Abandonment Program - Read
- Government Launches New Inactive Well Program - Read