Accelerated Site Closure Program
Update September 22, 2020
The Government of Saskatchewan provided an update on the Accelerated Site Closure Program (ASCP). Launched in May, with the first approved projects announced in July, $34 million worth of work packages have been approved. The current approved work packages make up Phase 1 of the program, which will allocate $100 million in funding for eligible oil and gas operators who collaborate with Saskatchewan-based service companies to undertake abandonment and reclamation work on inactive wells, facilities and flowlines. Read the news release.
Details about the program can be found on the Government of Saskatchewan website.
SRC is pleased to help expedite the Accelerated Site Closure Program. We appreciate your patience as we work quickly with our stakeholders to get this program set up.
Related News Releases:
- Inactive Well Program Sees Strong Indigenous Participation - Read
- First Year of Inactive Well Program Strong Success - Read
- $34 Million Approved To Support The Oil And Gas Service Sector - Read
- $12 Million Of Work Approved In First Tranche Of Well Abandonment Program - Read
- Government Launches New Inactive Well Program - Read