Accelerated Site Closure Program
Updated December 20, 2021
The Government of Saskatchewan announced the third and final phase of the Accelerated Site Closure Program (ASCP), with the allocation of an additional $55 million in funding to eligible companies. Launched in May 2020, the ASCP provides up to $400 million in federal government funding through the COVID-19 Economic Response Plan. The ASCP supports Saskatchewan-based oil and gas service companies to conduct abandonment (clean-up) and reclamation work of inactive oil and gas well sites and facilities across every oil and gas producing region of the province. The program is managed by the Ministry of Energy and Resources and delivered in partnership with the Saskatchewan Research Council. Read the news release.
Details about the program can be found on the Government of Saskatchewan website.
SRC is pleased to help expedite the Accelerated Site Closure Program. We appreciate your patience as we work quickly with our stakeholders to get this program set up.
If you would like more information, please phone 306-933-5400 and leave a message or email us.
Related News Releases:
- $55 Million Allocated in Third and Final Phase of Inactive Well Program - Read
- Inactive Well Program Sees Strong Indigenous Participation - Read
- First Year of Inactive Well Program Strong Success - Read
- $34 Million Approved To Support The Oil And Gas Service Sector - Read
- $12 Million Of Work Approved In First Tranche Of Well Abandonment Program - Read
- Government Launches New Inactive Well Program - Read