SRC has been in business for 70 years, growing from just three employees in the 1950s to more than 350 employees today. Throughout the years SRC has evolved, but the driving force to help improve life in Saskatchewan has never changed.
As part of SRC’s 70th Anniversary celebrations, Dr. Laurier Schramm, SRC’s President and CEO, has a blog series dedicated to the history of research councils in Canada and SRC’s evolution. Read more.
Interested in learning more about the evolution of research and development in Saskatchewan? Check out Dr. Schramms’ book - Research and Development on the Prairies: A History of the Saskatchewan Research Council.
- 1947 - SRC was established by the Government of Saskatchewan to advance the development of physical sciences in the province
- 1960 – SRC’s Pipe Flow Technology Centre™ opens, providing pipeline and fluid mechanics applications
- 1964 – SRC’s Climate Reference Station had its first full year of results; the station collects climatological data such as temperature, wind speed, precipitation and bright sunshine hours
- 1981 – SRC Environmental Analytical Laboratories is created to provide needed environmental testing and analytical services
- 2006 – SRC is contracted by the provincial government to manage the cleanup of 37 abandoned uranium mine sites in northern Saskatchewan
- 2006 – SRC offices it’s location in Prince Albert, Sask and Biofuels Test Centre in Regina
- 2010 – SRC’s Advanced Microanalysis Centre™ opens, providing analytical services for exploration companies
- 2014 – SRC is listed on the Corporate Knights’ The Future 40 Responsible Corporate Leaders in Canada
- 2016 – SRC receives ISO 9001:2008 certification for its Quality Management System
- 2016 – SRC is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers