Pipe Flow Technology Centre™
Pipe Flow Technology CentreTM
SRC’s Pipe Flow Technology Centre™ is acknowledged as an international leader in its field. Our employees offer an unparalleled degree of experience in assisting industry with practical pipeline applications.
Registration is open for our next Slurry Pipeline Systems Course, June 13-16, 2017. View course info and the registration form.
The Shook Gillies HPHT Test Facility has an explosion-proof high-pressure, high-temperature pipe flow test/demo system. Learn more about our new facility.
Watch our video on YouTube to learn more about our facility and capabilities.
- Slurry Applications
- Slurry pipeline flow testing and modelling
- Pump and instrumentation testing
- Pipeline erosion testing
- Pipeline operations troubleshooting and consulting
- Slurry sample analysis and viscometry
- Slurry process piloting and demonstration
- Tailings consolidation and deposition
- Oil-Water Pipeline Testing
- The Shook-Gillies HPHT Test Facility
- Tailings Test Facility
In 2014, SRC leased an additional 500 m2 of space to house experimental equipment dedicated to tailings research. This facility includes a 30 m3 supply tank, deposition columns and a 15 m long x 0.75 m wide x 1.6 m high open channel flume, equipped with instrumentation to detect density variations in test materials. Contact us to learn more about this facility.
The Pipe Flow Technology Centre™ is fully equipped to enable full-scale physical modelling of the complex pipe flow behaviour of slurries and crude oil mixtures. Actual pipe flow conditions are obtained in a laboratory environment where temperature, flowrate and mixture composition can be controlled, and instrument performance can be optimized.
Working with Industry
SRC's RD&D in pipe flow technology helps resource industries expand the horizons of how and where they operate. We conduct commercial-scale studies of clients' concepts for safe, cost-effective:
- Waste disposal of mineral and oil resources
Our clients, large and small, understand how the power of pipe flow technology can transform the way they do business. Since 1967, we have collaborated with Canada's resource industries on a range of ground-breaking pipeline and fluid mechanics applications. A few examples are:
- Hydrotransport of oil sand slurries to enable remote mining
- Horizontal well recovery and production of heavy oil
- Paste backfill disposal of industrial tailings
Our services continue to grow in new directions. Recent areas of development at the Pipe Flow Technology Centre™ include:
- High-temperature processes
- Pipeline integrity systems testing
- Industrial waste water treatment
How can SRC’s Pipe Flow Technology Centre™ help your business? Contact us today.