SRC’s expert team at the Advanced Microanalysis Centre™ uses an electron probe micro-analyzer (electron microprobe EPMA) to perform highly sensitive chemical analyses of micro-volumes of properly prepared samples. This provides the greatest possible sensitivity for quantitative analysis, from boron to uranium.
- Imaging using secondary and back-scattered electron detectors and the panchromatic cathodoluminescence (CL) detector
- X-ray mapping capabilities to visually identify the modal abundance of fine-grained minerals
- Diamond indicator mineral chemistry
- Minor and trace gold in sulfide minerals (cryptic gold)
- Purity of metal alloy catalysts
- Quantification of deleterious elements in high-purity materials
- Rare earth element (REE) analysis of heavy mineral concentrates
- Element diffusion profiles in metals and minerals
- Forensic analysis of process contaminants (e.g. Pb in plumbing solder)
- U-Th-Pb analysis for chemical dating of uranium minerals
The electron microprobe at the Advanced Microanalysis Centre™ is available on a fee-for-service basis.
Contact us today to schedule your service.