Choosing to be a responsible organization is an ongoing journey rather than a destination. We are pleased to present our sixth Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, Momentum, which looks at the Saskatchewan Research Council’s (SRC) economic, environmental and social impacts.
- Safety as an overriding priority – zero lost time injuries.
- SRC’s total impact on the province of Saskatchewan was $484 million and more than 4,826 jobs were created or maintained as a result of SRC’s work.
- 86 employees participated in Commuter Challenge Week, saving 380 L of fuel and avoiding 846 kg of CO2.
- Employees received more than 1,300 hours of safety training and more than 8,300 hours of skills training.
- 21% of SRC employees volunteered as a part of the Employee Volunteer Program. That’s a total of 385 hours.