For the very first time, SRC has been named to Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2017 list, for being a leader in attracting and retaining younger employees to our organization. First published in 2002, Canada's Top Employers for Young People is an editorial competition organized by the Canada's Top 100 Employers project.
This special designation recognizes the employers that offer the nation's best workplaces and programs for young people starting their careers. The selection process examines benefits, mentorship and training programs, career management programs and the average age of employees at an organization. At SRC, we demonstrate this through various offerings, including (but not limited to):
- Generous paid time off through both vacation and flex time, as well as sick and compassionate leave
- Maternity and adoption leave top-up plan, flexibility with parental leave
- Excellent health and travel insurance coverage
- Advanced Education Program
- Mentorships (Aboriginal Mentorship Program, Engineer-In-Training, Geologist-In-Training)
- Flexible retirement and savings programs
Approximately 20 per cent of SRC’s employees are under the age of 30 – which complements recent data compiled by Statistics Canada that shows Saskatoon has the youngest population in Canada, with a median age of 34.8 years.
To see the full list of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2017 and their reasons for selection, visit Top 100.