Corporate Social Responsibility
We believe operating an organization sustainably is critical to delivering services and solutions that strengthen our local and global communities. In our 65th year, our focus continues to be on providing clients and stakeholders with practical services and solutions that produce positive economic, social and environmental impacts.
From our growing list of sustainable services to cheering on our employees in community activities, we are committed to conducting business in a responsible manner, and to helping other companies, organizations and communities do the same.
Download the 2012-13 Pathway to Sustainability CSR Report.
Read our CSR Report Online
Explore Highlights from our 2012-13 CSR Report
How does SRC help grow a sustainable economy?
• In 2012-2013, SRC helped create or maintain more than 2,700 jobs in Saskatchewan worth $169M.
• Over the last 10 years, our work has led to more than $5 billion in economic activity and jobs in Saskatchewan.
Where does SRC invest to minimize its environmental footprint?
• We undertook $36 million in projects that focused on achieving positive environmental and/or social impacts.
• Through client projects in 2012-13, our work contributed to reducing clients’ emissions by 22,000 tonnes CO2e/year and saving more than 44 million kilowatt hours/year in energy. That’s equivalent to removing 44,000 high-definition TVs from use.
• Over 11 metric tonnes of surplus equipment and supplies were diverted from landfill sites through recycling materials and auctioning equipment.
In what ways does SRC create positive change in our community?
• SRC employees made a positive impact in their communities for the Hearth and Stroke Foundation, Saskatchewan Children’s Hospital Foundation and cancer research, among many others. SRC employees also collected school supplies for children in need, donated clothing for women in need entering the workforce and donating food hampers to families.