Corporate Social Responsibility
We believe operating an organization sustainably is critical to delivering services and solutions that strengthen our local and global communities. In our 65th year, our focus continues to be on providing clients and stakeholders with practical services and solutions that produce positive economic, social and environmental impacts.
From our growing list of sustainable services to cheering on our employees in community activities, we are committed to conducting business in a responsible manner, and to helping other companies, organizations and communities do the same.
Browse our 2011-2012 Corporate Social Responsibility Report online or download it.
Watch our Serving Sustainably video.
Explore Highlights from our 2011-12 CSR Report
How does SRC help grow a sustainable economy?
“I feel proud of being part of the team at SRC that really has a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility.” - Anna Young, Recruiter - SRC Careers
- In 2011-2012, the work at SRC helped create or maintain more than 1,800 jobs in Saskatchewan, valued at $118M.
- Over the last nine years that SRC has conducted an economic impact assessment, our work has led to more than $4.3 billion in economic activity and jobs in Saskatchewan.
Where does SRC invest to minimize its environmental footprint?
“At SRC Environmental Analytical Laboratories we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes and reduce our waste.” - Pat Moser, Supervisor at SRC Environmental Analytical Laboratories
- We undertook $53 million in projects that focused on achieving positive environmental and/or social impacts.
- Through client projects in 2011-12, SRC’s work contributed to reducing clients’ emissions by 22,000 tonnes CO2e/year and saving them 43M kilowatt hours/year in energy.
In what ways does SRC create positive change in our community?
“To me personally, corporate social responsibility means my opportunity to give back to the community.” – Therese McIlmoyl, Senior Manager
- SRC employees made a positive impact in their community by paddling for the Heart and Stroke Foundation, running for breast cancer research, collecting school supplies for students in need and growing facial hair to benefit prostate cancer research.
- We had a banner year for safety in 2011-2012. With zero lost-time on the job injuries (over 600,000 hours worked) and 91 per cent of employees participating in injury prevention training.
How does SRC’s sustainable work and collaborations make Saskatchewan more competitive?
“We’ve developed a range of sustainable services to help big industrial corporations improve their environmental performance… We work with big clients on big challenges, so the opportunity to have a big impact is high.” – Lesley McGilp, Manager at SRC’s Pipe Flow Technology Centre™.
- SRC offers an array of services that help our clients improve their sustainability performance. For example, our life cycle assessment (LCA) service is a modelling approach applied to assess the overall environmental impacts of a product, process or service from design through to disposal.
- We’ve been offering clients sustainable services for decades, helping them realize cost savings, increase profits and produce efficiencies that often save resources and reduce environmental impacts.